By: Eileen Jaksik
It’s that time of the year again, time to get out your recipes and bake some goodies. There are lots of sweet treats you can make for your Thanksgiving dinner. I decided to share these yummy Oreo cookies that look like turkeys with you. Here are the ingredients so you can go ahead and get started…
- Package of original Oreo cookies
- Package of Whoppers chocolate malt balls
- Package of Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Package of Candy Corn.
- Mini eye candies
- Royal Icing in colors, tan, white, yellow, orange, and red
Use picture for reference
- For the tail of the turkey, separate the Oreo in two pieces in order to make the tail feathers (candy corn) stay up in the cookie filling.
- Use the white Royal Icing as “glue” and put a thick line on the bottom of the separated Oreo cookie.
- Begin to put the Candy Corn in the top of the separated oreo with the white piece of the Candy Corn in the oreo filling.
- Lay the top half of the Oreo cookie with the Candy Corn on top of the second Oreo.
- cookie, use more white icing as “glue” if needed. Let dry.
- Take out the Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, cut about ¼ of the peanut butter cup to make it lay flat on the oreo.
- Use the tan icing as “glue” to stick the Reese Peanut Butter Cup to the oreo Let dry.
- Check the Oreo cookie with the Candy Corn and make sure it is dry, if dry then use the tan icing as “glue to stick the whopper to the back oreo.
- Add the mini candy eyes to the head (the whooper) of the turkey, then using the orange icing add a small nose. let the nose dry for about 30 seconds. When the nose is dry add the red waddle with the red icing. Allow time for this to dry also about 30 seconds.
- Add two Candy Corn facing down as arms, use icing as “glue”. Let dry.
- Use yellow icing to draw out the feet on the turkey on the base oreo.
- Let it dry for 1 hour.