By: Ricky Fabrow
This is the season to get spooky and dress up as a random fictional character just to get some free candy. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t make your own spooky treats instead of eating pre-made ones, this one’s all about the bats so let’s begin, shall we? So, first here’s what you’ll need.
- 15 Double Stuf Oreos
- 1/2 cup chocolate wafers
- 20 candy eyeballs
- Take 5 of the Oreos and carefully cut in half. Separate the pieces and scrape off the filling. Each Oreo will give you 4 “bat wings.” Take 2 of the Oreo pieces and insert into the cream filling of an Oreo then press down on the Oreo to help it stay in place.
- Add the chocolate wafers to a microwave-safe bowl and melt about 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Using a spoon, scoop a little of the melted chocolate on top of the Oreo. Then use the back of the spoon to evenly spread the melted chocolate over it.
- Gently press 2 candy eyes on the Oreo to resemble the bat eyes. Repeat until all the Oreo tops are covered with the chocolate and the candy eyes have been added. Place in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate is set.
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
And after that, Bam! You’ll be able to enjoy your bat oreo cookies in no time. A very simple, quick and delicious treat to enjoy either by yourself or perhaps even with friends.