Student Spotlight: Sydney Sorola

By: Leighlah Silva 

Welcome back PHS we are coming to you with more articles this month! Our student spotlight for October is Sydney Sorola. Sydney is a highly accomplished junior that is involved in many extracurricular activities within the school . This junior is involved in NHS (National Honor Society), HOSA (Health Occupations Students Of America), student council, and dance. “My main goal is to leave an impact” stated Sydney, which she has! 

Sydney has been a dancer since she was five years old and continues dancing on the dance/drill team here at PHS. Sydney has the magnificent duty of being the pacesetting major and only wants what’s best for the team, “I want to accomplish things within the team that haven’t been accomplished before”. Her peers on the dance team have made a huge impact on Sydney, “These girls motivate me so much, they really inspire me to be better”.

Dance has always been her main extracurricular activity ever since she was home schooled, being in HOSA,NHS, and student council has brought her so many amazing opportunities and friends! Being in all of these extracurricular activities has also taught Sydney self discipline, respect towards others, and has helped her prepare herself for life after high school. Within the talk about life after high school ,Sydney has stated that she plans on attending (TJH)  Tyler Junior College to be an almighty apache belle on their dance team. She plans doing her basics at Tyler Junior College, but her “end goal” for her adult years is to study neuroscience and become a neurologist.

The PHS quill staff members are delighted and very thankful to have this opportunity to put the amazing spotlight on Sydney Sorola and get to know her better. We wish you the best and hope you have a great junior year, keep pursuing your dreams!