Teacher Spotlight: Mr. Llamas

By: Alex Richter

This month, Journalism staff chose to highlight Mr. Llamas- who formerly taught at PJHS- I talked with the new teacher about many different topics. Journalism did this as a gesture of appreciation, and an act to properly introduce him to the staff and students of PHS!

Mr. Llamas had always had a passion for science. It was his favorite subject in school and college; he excelled in it, thanks to some great teachers. Admittedly, he struggled with chemistry, but that was due to a lack of a good teacher in high school. His college journey started with business, but after a grueling accounting assignment, he switched to teaching, and then to psychology. Eventually, Mr. Llamas became a certified secondary teacher with a biology emphasis. His love for science led him to become a science teacher, hoping to inspire the next generation of scientists and contribute to their success. He hopes to play a small part in their remarkable achievements. Especially since he is teaching the same students again, and it has its pros and cons. It helps to become familiar with different personalities, academic abilities, and behavior. However, some students may take advantage of familiarity, and some who struggled in the past might not make an effort this year. It is important to note that Mr. Llamas’ parents inspire him the most in his daily life. “They’ve supported me wholeheartedly and encouraged me to excel.” Their high expectations have motivated him to achieve them. Mr. Llamas is grateful for their unwavering love and support. “Thank you, Mom and Dad, for always being there for me; I hope I’ve made you proud.” 

PHS is very lucky to have a passionate science enthusiast like Mr. Llamas, it improves the school’s emotional value on core subjects. We hope that this will go on to inspire future scientists, and have them remember the little people that helped them get there.