By: Ariana Johnson
- 1 (15.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared chocolate frosting
- 18 lollipop sticks
- 1 (14 ounce) bag chocolate candy melts
- 1 (.75 ounce) tube decorating icing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, and oil in a bowl using an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase the speed to medium and beat for an additional 2 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 28 to 33 minutes. Cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Stir frosting into cake crumbles until mixture is sticky but not too smooth. Chill in the refrigerator, at least 30 minutes.
- Roll cake mixture into 1 ½-inch balls and arrange on a baking sheet. Place 1 lollipop stick into each ball
- Melt about ¼ cup chocolate candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl for about 20 seconds in the microwave. Dip each cake pop in the melted chocolate. Repeat melting chocolate and dipping remaining cake pops. Decorate pops with decorating icing.