By: Ariana Johnson
The time to celebrate Christmas is back. This treat is a sweet and salty mix that everyone will love to eat. Chocolate covered pretzels are a delicious and fun dessert to make.
- 2 bags of chocolate chips (dark or milk chocolate)
- 1 bag of pretzels (logs work and you can try different varieties of twist)
- Chopped nuts, for garnish (optional)
- Colored nonpareils, for garnish (optional)
- Sprinkles, for garnish (optional)
- Crushed cookies, for garnish (optional)
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat on stove top.
- Using tongs, or fingers, quickly dip the pretzels in chocolate allowing the excess to run off.
- Placed dipped pretzels on wax paper lined cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts, sprinkles or other toppings.
- Allow to harden. You may need to refrigerate.
- Once hardened, remove from sheets and store in a cool location, with wax paper between layers.
- Package pretzels in clear cellophane bags or a vase for festive gift giving!