Teacher Spotlight: Ms.Huizar

By: Shyanne Sexton 

As a first year teacher here at PHS Ms. Huizar, a name that has echoed through the hallways with much joy over the past semester, and for this reason has been elected for this month’s teacher spotlight. “I have a love and respect for the learning environment. I see teaching as a way to give back to the community,” shares Mrs. Huizar when asked about her motivation to become a teacher. Her journey into the realm of education was fueled by a profound sense of purpose—a desire to make a positive impact and nurture the minds of the next generation. Upon joining the faculty at PHS, Ms. Huizar found herself returning to familiar territory. “I chose to work at PHS because I’ve always wanted to stay close to home,” she explains. The decision to embrace this opportunity was serendipitous, yet transformative. Despite the unexpected nature of the job offer, Mrs. Huizar embraced it wholeheartedly, and it’s a decision she wouldn’t change for anything. What sets PHS apart for Ms. Huizar is not just its proximity to home, but the profound sense of camaraderie and support that permeates the school environment. “The support from peers and teachers has been unmatched,” she reflects. It’s this sense of unity and collaboration that fosters a nurturing atmosphere, both for educators and students alike. Beyond her role as an educator, Mrs. Huizar leads a vibrant life filled with diverse interests and hobbies. “In my free time, my hobbies include riding, crossfit, running, and dancing,” she shares. As Ms. Huizar continues to inspire and empower her students at PHS, her impact extends far beyond the confines of the classroom. Through her dedication, passion, and genuine care for those around her, she exemplifies the very best of what it means to be an educator.

In spotlighting Ms. Huizar’s story, we celebrate the invaluable role of educators in shaping the future and providing a community of learning and growth.