New Teacher of the Year

By: Myame Lara and Darla Rodriguez

CSM Nuells is well known around campus as a very motivational teacher. He is usually found with our JROTC participants, alongside Kernel Wynder With it being his second-year teaching at PHS, he was awarded the “New Teacher of the Year ”. PHS’s journalism staff is honored to have the opportunity to find out more about our beloved CSM Nuells!

CSM Nuells is a very dedicated and hardworking teacher. The relationships he gets to form with his students and being able to watch them grow and mentally develop throughout their years is one of the many things he loves about teaching at Pleasanton High School. CSM Nuells holds a bachelor’s degree from Excelsior College, and a masters degree in Business from Webster University. He is also a graduate of the United States Army Sergeants Major Academy, where he served 30 years before retiring in 2020. 

With being in the US Army, a lot of the skills he gained are used in his teaching methods. “In the military, we take care of our soldiers. When it comes to teaching, I learned to take care of my students the way I take care of my soldiers.” CSM Nuells states. 

PHS is home to CSM Nuells, and we are so glad to have him attend our school! Congratulations on your accomplishments CSM Nuells, we hope for more years with you. Pride Pride!