Teacher Spotlight

By: Kloie Sosa

CSM Nuells standing proudly at his podium

Pleasanton High School sends a big welcome to our new Army Instructor, Command Sergeant Major Nuells. CSM Nuells is very honored and excited to be the first teacher spotlight of the new school year.

CSM Nuells is from Victoria, TX and this will be his first year of teaching. He attended Eldorado High School in Las Vegas, NV then went on to attend Webster University, earning a Bachelor of Science and Master of Business Administration.

Some of his hobbies are racing his car (in a controlled environment), playing basketball, and lastly grilling and barbecuing. CSM Nuells served 30 years in the army, earning many awards and decorations. The Legion of Merit and Meritorious Service Medal with 5 Oak Leaf Clusters, for example.

Command Sergeant Major Nuells has been to many different countries, including Korea, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. As of right now Nuells is still a part of the army, his last day of active duty being October 31, 2020.

Command Sergeant Major Nuells stated, “My transition has been great and stress-free since I have already started working in my second career.” Nuells realized that he wanted to teach JROTC two years ago so that he can continue to help mentor young men and women. He stated, ¨What is rewarding about my job is watching the growth of my students and how they mature and develop their leadership skills¨. Command Sergeant Major Nuells enjoys the way everyone here at PHS treats each other like family.

We are thrilled to have you at our campus and wish you a great year of teaching!