The end of a decade, but the start of an age

By: Libby Sanchez and Jaelyn Morales

As the 2022-2023 school year is coming to an end, the senior class is preparing themselves to graduate and start the next chapter of their lives. Even though most of us don’t wanna grow up, these last 4 years have prepared us to go out into the world and strive for success. On May 26th, 2023, at 8pm, the senior class will gather for one more goodbye. It’s hard not to find it all a little bittersweet and while our class has had many ups and downs, Long story short, we survived! 

For the class of 23 favorites, the seniors voted in favor of silver and green as the class colors, the white rose as the class flower, and “Never Grow Up” by Taylor Swift as the class song. These past 4 years might’ve been happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time, but they were also years full of many joyous memories with friends and family. There are five seniors graduating from the journalism class and staff editors on the Quill graduating are as follows: Editor in Chief- Libby Sanchez, Copy Editor- Jaelyn Morales, Photo Editor- Noah Ramos, and Managing Editor- Brian Avery. We are all going to miss journalism very much, but not as much as we are going to miss Mrs. Minniear who has been an amazing role model. 

As a class, we all gave our “blood”, sweat, and tears for this moment and survived the Great War. I want to wish every single person in our class the best of luck in their future endeavors and with whatever path they choose to follow. Congratulations Class of 2023, “Long live the walls we crashed through. I had the time of my life, with you” and lastly I want to remind everyone that Taylor Swift was right, “You’re on your own kid.”