Movie Review: Purple Hearts

By: Kendall Zuniga 

Grab your tissues and prepare yourself for an emotional roller coaster, because Purple Hearts is sure to make the butterflies in your stomach flutter. Purple hearts is a dramatic romance movie starring Disney’s Sofia Carson, Nicholas Galitzine, and Chosen Jacobs. Directed by Elizabeth Allen Rosenbaum, “Purple Hearts” received a Rotten Tomato score of 30% and a 6.8 out of 10 on IMDB. Although receiving these low scores, many people actually had pleasing things to say about this 21st-century romance drama, loving how it involves current problems in the world today including poverty, broken healthcare systems, and military trauma. However, this movie has also received its fair share of problems. Its depiction of type 1 diabetes has received much backlash from actual patients who live with type 1 diabetes.

I enjoyed watching this movie but thought it was a little choppy when it came to certain scenes transitioning. I would give this movie a 7.5 out of 10, I would watch it again if I hadn’t seen it in a while.