By: Heaven Marquez
Cheesecake is definitely one of my top 5 favorite desserts, and not having to bake just makes it taste even better. Today I will be introducing you to your next favorite dessert- Oreo cheesecake.
For the COOKIE CRUST you’ll need-
- 24 Oreo cookies (just the cookie part- no filling) about 1 ½ cups
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
For the CHEESECAKE FILLING you will need-
- 16 ounces of cream cheese
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar
- 15 crushed cookies (about a cup)
- Hot fudge
- Cookie filling from 24 Oreos for cookie crust
- Add the 24 Oreos to a food processor until the cookies are finely crushed.
- In a large mixing bowl add the crushed cookies and melted butter together and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan and press into the bottom and sides.
- Place into the refrigerator to chill.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until it’s light and fluffy. Add in the sugar, vanilla, and cookie filling.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream with a hand mixer until it thickens. Add in powdered sugar and beat until peaks form.
- Fold 2 cups whipped cream mixture and crushed Oreos (reserve ¼ cups for garnish) into the cream cheese.
- Pour mixture on top of OREO CRUST and spread.
- Place into refrigerator and chill for 3-4 hours.
- Garnish remaining whipped cream, remaining crushed Oreos, and hot fudge.