By: Savannah Valdez
Are you “eggcited” for Easter this year? Well I have the perfect easter treat for you to make for you and your family. This carrot cake roll will be such a big hit, they’ll be begging for more.
Here are some ingredients you will need:
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder and salt
- Ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs (preferably room temp)
- Vanilla extract
- ½ cup of Vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
- 1 cup of finely grated carrots
- Cream cheese
Let’s get into making this sweet treat:
- To start prepping you will need to get a 10×15-inch jelly roll pan (or cookie sheet), you will then spray all aspects of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl you will need to combine the dry ingredients(flour, salt, cinnamon etc.)and whisk them together.
- Next in a separate bowl you will need to whisk up the eggs as well as the sugar and vanilla for 1 minute, then mix in the half cup of vegetable oil.
- Add all the ingredients together and mix them well, after mixing is done you can then add your cup of finely grated carrots and continue to mix, but make sure not to overmix the batter!
- Now to bake our delicious treat! Pour the cake batter in and spread it all around your pan. You will then bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.
- As soon as your treat is out of the oven, turn it onto a clean surface that has been lightly dusted with powdered sugar(this prevents the cake from sticking to the table). Then you will begin rolling your cake tightly and setting it to cool!
- While your cake is cooling let’s get to making the frosting! To make the cream cheese frosting you will start by beating the cream cheese and butter together, then add the vanilla and powdered sugar and start mixing until the frosting is soft.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, you will begin gently unrolling the roll and make sure it has no holes or cracking. You will then add in the cream cheese frosting and begin sprinkling the carrot slices. Once that is finished you will then begin rolling the cake back up and refrigerate it for 30 minutes. Once all cooled you can present this amazing treat to your family and friends!
There you have it, all it takes is 8 simple steps to make this carrot cake roll everyone will love! Hope you enjoy it!