By: Alexandra Garcia
A Banana Cake with banana pudding frosting and banana slices placed on top!
An excellent Spring dessert for all.
If you have bananas sitting on your counter and aren’t feeling banana bread, you should make this easy banana cake!
Many people love to bake from scratch, but sometimes there isn’t enough time that is where this cake comes in.
Some ingredients you would need are:
- White cake mix (Ingredients from the cake mix box)
- Baking soda
Cake – You will need the ingredients listed on the cake mix. Also note that some white cake boxes have different versions, and this cake version should be with the whole egg, not just the egg whites.
Frosting – For the frosting, you will need an instant banana pudding mix, milk, and whipped cream. If you have different preferences like buttercream frosting or cream cheese frosting, both can be used.
Instructions to make Banana cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Be sure to grease your baking pan.
- Mix the cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Use milk in place of water on the back of the cake mix box, and use eggs instead of egg whites. Use oil as instructed on the box.
- Add milk, eggs, oil, and bananas to your mixing bowl. Blend all together until it becomes a batter.
- Pour your batter into the cake pan and bake preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. Allow the cake to cool down before applying it to frost.
- Whisk together milk and pudding in another bowl, then place into the refrigerator.
- Mix whipped cream until you see a stiff form. Fold the pudding into the whipped cream and spread it onto the cake.
- Add banana slices if desired.