Staff Spotlight: Ms. Summers

By: Savannah Valdez & Aaliyah Herrera

For this month’s staff spotlight we chose Ms. Summers, a wonderful health science teacher here at PHS. She is a very passionate and inspiring teacher, who is always so full of joy and determined to put a smile on students’ faces. This is why we are glad to honor her for this month’s issue!

This year is Ms. Summers first year here at PHS and she is so grateful to be a part of our community. With this being said, we had the opportunity to interview her and ask her some questions about her journey here at PHS so far. Our first question was “Why did you choose this job position here at PHS?” She replied “By trade, I have the desire to help and care for people. In doing so, I found that I love to teach and actually had an act for it. I chose this particular position because I get to be in both nursing and the education role. I hope to help students pick a path and assist in reaching that milestone.”

Ms. Summers mentioned that she loves to teach and also is dedicated to helping her students achieve their goals, so we then asked her, “What is your favorite aspect about being a part of PHS?” She stated that her favorite aspect about being a part of PHS is the connections she has made with her students and that she aspires to create and maintain a safe and positive environment for students whether they attend her class or not.

Considering her new position this year, we asked Ms. Summers, how she is liking it so far? She replied saying, “Some days I have absolutely no clue what day it is or what I am doing but I LOVE it.” With that being said we were curious as to what she does in her free time, when she isn’t helping her students. Our next question was, “What are your hobbies outside of school?” She said that her favorite thing to do besides helping her students is to make memories with her baby girl, Avery.

Ms. Summers is a very special teacher here at PHS who cares deeply for her students and is always willing to do her best to make sure not only her students, but herself succeeds. She has shown to be very committed and caring. Your good deeds never go unnoticed, she’s making a huge impact on us and we can’t wait to see what you have planned for the future.

One thought on “Staff Spotlight: Ms. Summers