By: Kiarra Sanchez
Lemon squares are an easy, delicious treat you can make with your family! Especially if you like lemon sweets.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 lemons, juiced
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and ½ cup sugar. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan. Bake for 15-20 min in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 ½ cups sugar and ¼ cup flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust. Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool.
- After the pan has cooled, cut into uniform 2 inch squares and arrange in a checkerboard fashion.
- Sift some powdered sugar over the cooled squares. (optional)