By: Kiarra Sanchez
Most people may not have the time to go out and buy costumes or they simply cannot, thanks to everything going on in the world. Here are some simple DIY costumes you can make at home:
Alice Angel for Girls:
Not all costumes have to be scary; you can be a sweet little demon sent from above. Alice Angel is from a horror video game by the name Bendy and The Ink Machine. If you have a black dress this will be very simple. Here are the steps:
- Find yourself a plain black dress to wear. If it has sleeves that’s even better!
- Make a bow out of white ribbon and pin it to the collar of the dress.
- If you have white gloves, go ahead and put them on. If not, that’s okay.
- You can sew a pair of horns onto clips, paint a headband that already has horns white, or make paper horns and hot glue them to a headband or hair clips.
- Finally, find a pair of black heels or flats.
This is the simple way to make a cute costume for yourself. If you don’t wanna do anything spooky, this is a perfect costume for you.
Steampunk for Boys:
You can do a lot of things with cardboard. One of many things you can do with this material is make some cool steampunk gadgets.
- Find a formal shirt
- Optional: overalls or a vest
- Find some formal pants. Although if you don’t have any, jeans will work just fine.
- Find a good amount of large boxes (3-5)
- Think about some cool gadgets you might wanna make to go with the costume.
- If you don’t have a tophat, make one out of cardboard and paint it a darker brown
- Make some little steampunk style charms like small gears.
- Optional: Make a nice pair of goggles
There’s many possibilities when you have creativity and just some simple cardboard. Steampunk is the coolest thing you can make with this kind of material. It’s a cool look that’ll be easy to pull off.
There are many different different kinds of costumes out there for couples. A few of them are scary, some cute. This time we’re going to discover a funny one. Ratatouille costume.
- Find a grey dress if you have one
- Make a pair of ears. You can make these out of cardboard and hot glue them to a headband.
- Get your makeup out ladies and put some whiskers on your face. Don’t forget the nose.
If you don’t have a chef’s outfit, it’s okay! Here’s another way you can pull this off.
- Find a white button up shirt and ask your girlfriend to sew more buttons on it.
- Ask your girlfriend to borrow a white skirt, you don’t have to.
- Black pants
- Red shoes
- Make a chefs hat out of paper
That is a very easy way to pull off this costume.
Even if you don’t have the time or money, there are some easy DIY costumes you can make at home. These are the most simple steps for a few costumes that you’ll hopefully give a try.