By: Adelena Vera
Are you looking for a sweet autumn treat? Try this simple recipe that is loved even by culinary artists. Caramel apples are a delicious and quick dessert that almost anyone can do.
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 6 wooden sticks
- 14 ounces of unwrapped caramel
- 2 tablespoons of water
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Nuts or sprinkles (optional)
- Prepare a pan with parchment paper, then wash your apples
- Stick the wooden sticks ¾ of the way into the stem end of each apple and place aside
- Combine the caramel and water into a saucepan and heat over low, stir often until the caramel is melted
- Stir in vanilla extract
- Dip each apple in the caramel
- Sprinkle the desired toppings on the apple while the caramel is still hot, then place the prepared pan.
- Let cool, then enjoy!